Addictions Recovery Phone Support Services
Could this work for you?
Tamarack Recovery Centre’s Addictions Recovery Phone Support Services is a non-crisis phone support service for anyone who is:
- Needing some help finding resources1 to support their recovery process during this time.
- Looking to help someone they care about in accessing supports during this time.
- Finding it hard to stay sober or feeling like they’re close to slipping during this time.
What we provide
- Tamarack will provide you with a 1:1 support session with one of our Addictions Counsellors.
- If you would like another session, you can set this up with the counsellor when you talk with them.
- All session can be up to 1 hour in length.
- Sessions can be arranged any time between 9am and 5pm Monday through Friday.
- Sessions are completely free.
To set up a session
- Read through the information below regarding confidentiality and consent to phone sessions to see if this is a fit for you.
- If you are in agreement with the information below, just reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know what day or time can work for a session. Also let us know if you feel more comfortable talking with a male or female counsellor.
- Our Clinical Supervisor will get back to you to let you know who you will be talking with and give you a time to call the counsellor.
We look forward to supporting you.
1 You can also check out our Online Resource list here.
Confidentiality And Consent To Engage In This Service
All staff members of Tamarack Recovery sign and agree to abide by the conditions as set out in Tamarack Recovery’s Code of Ethics and Personal Health Information Act Policies. These policies expressly forbid the disclosure of an individual’s identity and/or any identifying information and personal details relating to services provided by Tamarack to any third party unless a release of information form is signed by you.
As such you can be assured that the information you share with a counsellor from Tamarack Recovery Centre will be held in the strictest confidence except when a person provides written consent that gives permission for personal information to be communicated to others; when disclosure is required to prevent clear and imminent harm/danger to the client or others; when legal requirements demand that confidential material be revealed, such as a client file being subpoenaed by a court of law or when a child is in need of protection.
Notes from any phone session with a counsellor will be created by the counsellor and held on our secure server for one year from the last date of involvement. Should an individual enter the Tamarack treatment program during this period, the information will be included in their residential client file and securely stored in accordance with Tamarack’s data policy for seven years.
In engaging in this service you understand that you may be discussing potentially sensitive issues over the phone and are aware of potential challenges/ risks regarding service interruption or information being heard by individuals in your immediate vicinity. Please note that this is a support service to provide a way for you to get help with addictions and recovery related concerns. If you are struggling to keep yourself safe, are at risk or actively engaged in self-harm behaviour or are experiencing suicidal ideation or urges you are asked instead to contact:
Klinic Crisis Line at: 204-786-8686
MB Suicide Line at: 1-877-435-7170 toll free
Crisis Response Centre at: 204-940-1781